Aster Cucine is an eco-friendly kitchen manufacturer. We use non-toxic materials through processes that have a limited impact towards the environment.
- Aster Cucine cabinets have one of the lowest levels of formaldehyde in the industry
- We construct our cabinets with non-toxic, environmentally-friendly products
- Box construction is made out of 100% recycled wood
- We make our standard with panels laminated with non-toxic melamine sheets in compliance with European norms E1 on the emission of formaldehyde
- Doors are 100% recycled wood
- The ecological laminate particleboard is 100% post-consumer wood, FSC Certified, and has one of the lowest formaldehyde emissions worldwide.
Aster Cucine constructs the entire cabinet structure of our melamine units with wood particle panels called particleboard. This material is durable, sustainable, and has particularly impressive environmental credentials. We only use FSC-certified Ecological panels produced from recycled wood. When abandoned in dumps or burned, wood emits greenhouse gas into the atmosphere. However, recycled wood traps them in, thus limiting the impact on the atmosphere. For example, 1 ton of recycled wood reduces the greenhouse gas emitted into the atmosphere by 1.03 tons.
FSC (Forest Stewardship Council)
FSC is an acronym for identifying wood-based products that are Forest Stewardship Council certified. This denotes that the products used are strictly monitored by third bodies to ensure that they are almost entirely FSC-certified materials. FSC’s mission behind the certification process is to promote responsible use of wood reserves, without exploiting them.
Formaldehyde is a substance used in the production of many glues and resins. The processing of wood panels thus uses formaldehyde. Panels produced with formaldehyde can release molecules of formaldehyde in gas form. We have chosen to only use materials with low formaldehyde levels. The Forest Stewardship Council also checks panel emissions by conducting regular laboratory tests to determine the emission limits. Our panels have undergone tests that have concluded that our products have lost almost all their initial formaldehyde content.
Aster Cucine is dedicated to being sustainable and eco-friendly in every step of the design process.